Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting to my wireless network

This is a discussion on Connecting to my wireless network within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; When I'm in the same room as the router I can connect wirelessly fine. When I take it into the ...

Milo Kofax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connecting to my wireless network

When I'm in the same room as the router I can connect wirelessly fine. When I take it into the spare bedroom, the following happens...

- I can see the network on the list, but I'm unable to connect to it.
      - I can't get through to my routers admin page.
      - Another network from a neighbour has a stronger signal.

I also have to reboot the router every day, even when I'm connected over a wire. I suspect that's another problem, though.

Does anyone have any bright ideas, please?

Thanks in advance!

2. Advertisement
      Williamsons is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connecting to my wireless network

We are having exactly the same problem. Did you solve the problem?

Any other places to look for answers?

Thanks

snake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connecting to my wireless network

Ok guys this is for both of ya. Your connection is dropping out through the cable. Ok rite first of all what way have u got the physical setup? Does ur DSL cable (your grey cable from the broadband box) have any extensions on it? R u in the master socket (which is located downstairs in ur hallway,kitchen or living room unless moved). If all this is correct and present and the way it should be you may need to phone technical support if not please change your physical setup with no extensions and be sure to be in the master socket. Problems with the wireless then you can change the encryption to WEP. First guy said he couldn't access the router settings page well u don't need the DSL line (grey cable) plugged in to do this so take ur broadband box to ur computer wif the power cable and the yellow ethernet cable and log in that way and change ur encryption to WEP then move it back down to ur master socket and into the microfilter and set your wireless up that way. Let me know how that goes lads
      Last edited by Saturday; 27-01-07 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceding post