Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky BB, but no internet

This is a discussion on Sky BB, but no internet within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello All, Please could somebody help me. Here is the story so far. I have dell dimensions 5000. With Windows ...

Wolfebd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: unknown
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky BB, but no internet

Hello All,
      Please could somebody help me. Here is the story so far. I have dell dimensions 5000. With Windows Xp. I origianally had Broadband with Pipex (with Alcatel usb modem). I also had a Local network setup so that i could have my xbox 360 connected to Live.

I then decided to change ISP to Skybroadband. I received the New Netgear wireless modem/router, activation date etc (last week). So i uninstalled all relevant pipex software, then installed skybroadband. Plug modem direct to ethernet socket on pc. But i cannot connect to the internet. Although i can pick it up wirelessly at times from my xbox 360??

I'm also getting the following message "IP Address Conflict with Another System on the Network"??

Also i no longer have any network? and if i try to create a new network place, nothing happens?? Does this mean that my Ethernet port in my Pc isn't working??

All help would really be appreciated, many thanks

Billy.

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Yep, that sounds like an IP conflict.

All you should need to do is go to the network connection properties (right click my network places and click properties then do the same for the network connection)

Choose TCP/IP in the list and click properties.

Now set it to automatically obtain IP address and automatically obtain DNS server.

When you've OKed everything it should start working.

If it's still giving you trouble, you may need to re-boot.