Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Belkin N1 Wireless Desktop Card and Sky router problem

This is a discussion on Belkin N1 Wireless Desktop Card and Sky router problem within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Reading the Manual from Both Manufacturers your pci card should work no questions asked....

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Reading the Manual from Both Manufacturers your pci card should work no questions asked.

2. Advertisement
      restecpa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had a similar problem with a realtek pci card not finding the sky router. I phoned sky, went back to the shop where I got the card, posted on this site (thanks guys) and basically the only way you can guarantee support from sky for wireless connectivity problems is to buy their dongle for 20. They wont consider the option that their is a problem with your router unless all your equiptment is bought through them.......which sucks right? My advice would be take the pci card back and get a refund because its not compatible (i did) and buy a sky dongle (havent done yet but intend to).

DukeHazard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

it does list it but intermittently. when it does list it and i try to connect it looks like it is trying to then nothing happens - i cannot connect to the internet etc.

if i use the belkin connection utility as opposed to the windows utility ot asks me for the sky ssid and also an encrytion key - as far as i know i do not have this

thanks

skyjimt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by DukeHazard View Post
      it does list it but intermittently. when it does list it and i try to connect it looks like it is trying to then nothing happens - i cannot connect to the internet etc.

if i use the belkin connection utility as opposed to the windows utility ot asks me for the sky ssid and also an encrytion key - as far as i know i do not have this

thanks

I had similar wireless problem, caused by my wireless router frequency being blitzed by my Digisender ( wireless Satellite beamed around the house ). I was able to change the wireless channel on the router & it has been fine since then, maybe worth trying another channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12