Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

dhcp server

This is a discussion on dhcp server within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I'm wondering if theres something wrong with the sky router's dhcp server . With so many who cannot get their ...

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

dhcp server

I'm wondering if theres something wrong with the sky router's dhcp server . With so many who cannot get their wireless to automatically be assigned an ip address if they have already the address 192.168.0.2 assigned to another device. All the problems i've seen are where the wireless would be at 192.168.0.3 . The second assigned address.

I know this has been the case for me . At one time i had a seperate issue with my lan connection ( that was resolved by using port 2 rather than 1 on the router box ) and so used wireless . I never had a problem getting an IP address on wireless then with the ethernet cable unplugged. Once i resolved the LAN problem, I had the one PC with LAN and wireless configured to connect, but the wireless could never get the correct IP and i had to hard code the correct numbers in.

Just seems, from what ive seen, that the people with wireless trouble are ones that already have an existing device connected for the 0.2 address.

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      That's an interesting thought.

I tend never to use DHCP anyway as with static addresses I know which PC is where.