Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem solved over internet connection

This is a discussion on Problem solved over internet connection within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Well after purchasing the Netgear USB Wireless adapter in the end i managed to get it to connect. We had ...

howky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problem solved over internet connection

Well after purchasing the Netgear USB Wireless adapter in the end i managed to get it to connect. We had to connect the usb cable to it which came with it, if we plugged it into one of the usb ports on the computer it wouldnt not connect. The Network Key and SSID provided by the Netgear/Sky Router worked perfectly, the only other thing i had to do was change the channel to 11 from 6 . Also when i switched the computer on it seemed to work better having the Netgear adapter unplugged once everything had loaded up, plug it in and it established a connection very quickly. I also disabled the Ethernet connection just in case it conflicted. Thanks for all your advice and im very happy that i managed to sort this problem out.The Netgear software was very helpful it gave the signal strength so with a bit of "tweaking" from channel to channel we found in our case 11 was best
      P.S Encryption was set on WPA-SPK and UPNP was disabled hope this helps others.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi Howky

I have moved your other post as it was a duplicate one Thanks for the feedback though

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

howky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Hi Howky

I have moved your other post as it was a duplicate one Thanks for the feedback though
      Thanks Newsreader im quite impressed with the Sky Broadband at the moment im on NTL im paying a lot more on there package only downside is i need a BT line installing but would soon get my money back because the monthly charge is a lot lower.