Please help! network adapters
This is a discussion on Please help! network adapters within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Right, went live with sky last tuesday, no probs, working fine. come home wednesday and wont connect to the internet, ...
- 15-11-06, 02:55 PM #1
Please help! network adapters
Right, went live with sky last tuesday, no probs, working fine.
come home wednesday and wont connect to the internet, call customer service they go through some steps which works, basically right clicking network connections and clicking enable, all fine again.
Come home thursday, wont connect again, i try the same fix and this time it wont work, tried it friday and saturday, nothing.
finally dragged myself to call sky again and explain the problem on sunday, this time an assistant went through the whole thing again but this time told me my network adapter needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled and things would be fine, i asked him why this has happened when the connection was fine first day i connected and also how wanadoo was fine for two years with no problems, something he could not explain. I uninstalled my driver, then reinstalled it and still nothing.
So monday i called sky from work and told them it must be a problem their end, he said the person the night before was talking out of thier **** about the network adapter and to call back from the pc that night.
Called back that night and after 45 minutes of getting nowhere was told once again that it is my network adapter and that i need to spek to my pc manafacturer and find out how to repair or reinstall it.
My manafacturer is emachines in the us, so im not calling them at £15 a minute, has anyone else had this problem, and have i got time to send this crap back to sky and go elsewhere?Back to wanadoo preferablly.
Or does this sound right, and has anyone got any tips?
Thanks, and sorry for my rant.
- 15-11-06, 03:35 PM #2Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
Have you tried entering the Sky Router Config page?
By typing 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, Use username - Admin, Password - sky
And if you can get into that page, Thens its a Connection Error from the Broadband Side and not the pc!
- 15-11-06, 03:47 PM #3
1. Do you have more than 1 network card installed? If so, disable the one that is not connected.
Assuming that you are running Windows 2000 / XP:
2. In your device manager, are there any yellow exclamation marks or red cross next to your network card(s)? (Other than the one you might have disabled, if you have more than one)? If so, then you need to uninstall it, and then "scan for hardware changes" and if necessary, point to the drivers to reinstall, if requested.
3. With your WIRED network plugged in, at the command line, type "ipconfig /release" followed by "ipconfig /renew" and then "ipconfig /all" omitting the quotation marks and post your results in this forum.
- 15-11-06, 04:23 PM #4Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
congrats on your 100th Post @Amaboknaai!
Also the original post stated,
when the connection was fine first day i connected and also how wanadoo was fine for two years with no problems, something he could not explain. I uninstalled my driver, then reinstalled it and still nothing.
- 15-11-06, 06:01 PM #5
I had the exact same problem was working fine for 3 weeks and then all of a suddend the router would not snyc with the exchange. I rang up CS several times and i did start to get annoyed after the 3rd time and they said they would escalate my problem to tier 3 support engineers. After 4 days the internet light was suddenly back on one morning when i woke up so i dunno if they fixed somethink or what but it is all up and running now and it downloading faster than before. They may have upgraded or replaced the Hardware in the exchange but it would have been nice to know beforehand.
- 16-11-06, 04:46 PM #6
- 16-11-06, 05:37 PM #7Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
My point being, It worked for Wanadoo yet it doesnt for Sky?
- 16-11-06, 05:51 PM #8
and since then he has uninstalled and reinstalled, therefore the setup is not the same....hence, the logic...
- 16-11-06, 08:04 PM #9
Just spotted another post elsewhere that suggests the provided patch cable might be faulty, if you haven't already, try another one.Service recovery 02392 899292
You got 3 right!
D'oh! Not good, dude.
- 16-11-06, 08:14 PM #10
Move to the new section for these problemsRay
Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.
If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here