Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Wifi Password problems

This is a discussion on Sky Wifi Password problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; The network key on my router won't work when I try to input it for the password on Ipod wifi. ...

Mkillerby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Wifi Password problems

The network key on my router won't work when I try to input it for the password on Ipod wifi. So I've followed the official Sky instructions here: Sky Help: Find and change your wireless password

But when I enter 192.168.0.1 and the username and password (admin and sky, both in lowercase), nothing happens. The box just pops up again on a blank background. The screenshot is the second or third time I tried it.

Any ideas what to do?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Wifi Password problems

Try another browser. If there is still no joy, try holding in the reset button on the router for at least 10 secs or until the lights flash. Remember this will wipe any personal settings so if you have ports forwarded for example, make a backup of the settings before you reset. Resetting will revert the wifi password to the default printed on the router label.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Try another browser.
      Tried that on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. No luck.

If there is still no joy, try holding in the reset button on the router for at least 10 secs or until the lights flash. Remember this will wipe any personal settings so if you have ports forwarded for example, make a backup of the settings before you reset. Resetting will revert the wifi password to the default printed on the router label.
      Tried that, and input the Network Key into the Ipod Wifi. Still doesn't work. :/

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Tried that, and input the Network Key into the Ipod Wifi. Still doesn't work. :/
      If you are using the default key, remember all the characters are capital letters.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If you are using the default key, remember all the characters are capital letters.
      Still no luck. :/

I'll ask a member of my family who knows about computers later today. If that doesn't work, I'll wait until I replace my current computer and router (which are 8 years old) soon.