Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Major problems logging onto sky router!!!!

This is a discussion on Major problems logging onto sky router!!!! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, Im trying to link my HTC desire 310 to my sky router, but every time I try and put ...

dazzabear1973 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01388
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Major problems logging onto sky router!!!!

Hi, Im trying to link my HTC desire 310 to my sky router, but every time I try and put in the router/account -password, the 'enter/ok' option is only 'highlighted/lit' when I enter 5 'characters'...as soon as I pass 5 characters, it goes off (the hightlighting of the enter/ok 'square/button' I mean) so when I try entering the 8 characters of my sky router password, it wont let me 'enter' it, as the square isnt 'lit/highlighted', and I cant even change the password to one if just 5 characters, as it HAS to be a miniumum of 8...

PLEASE HELP!!!!

(PS. Ive linked my wifes smartphone without issue, as well as our laptop...)

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Major problems logging onto sky router!!!!

Are you sure it is not asking for the security code for the phone? This is 5 numerals, 00000 being the default unless you have changed it. If you can't solve it a factory reset may be required.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks mate, but no, its defo not the phones code thats its asking for, as Ive gone into wifi settings, pressed the particular sky 'address' for mine (as theres a few, ie: all the other nearest wifi users to me now...) and before I start, it says 'secured with WEP'... then when I try and enter the password its asking for, it wont accept the 8 characters.

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

If it is secured with WEP then it would seem that the security type on the router has been changed. The default is WPA and that is when it will accept the 8 character password.

If the security of the router is WEP then the password will consist of either 10 or 26 characters and will only accept letters between A and F. If the the 6th letter of your 8 character password is after F it will not accept this.

I would log into the router with an attached device and go to the wireless settings to see what security type is selected and what password is being used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

Try connecting by WPS, you will need WPA security enabled in the router to make this available.
      Connecting to a Wi-Fi network via WPS

If you're using a Wi-Fi router with Wi-Fi Protected Setupô (WPS), you can connect HTC Desire 310 easily.

• Go to Settings.
      • Tap the Wi-Fi On/Off switch to turn on.
      • Tap Wi-Fi.
      • Tap , and then press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router. Note: To use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN method, tap > WPS Pin Entry.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi, thank you for your reply!
      Firstly, please forgive me, but Im really quite...?...a 'pratt' (!) when it comes to technology, so could you please 'talk me through' what you've just advised?!
      Thank you!!!!!???

Thanks

Tap the gear icon on your phone to go to the settings.
      Tap the WiFi switch to the wireless network
      Tap WiFi then the recycle icon () to open the WPS dialogue and press the WPS button on your router. If you have the router in your Profile, the WPS button is on the front between the Internet and Wireless lights and is also marked with the symbol.

Should it not connect after a couple of minutes, tap the symbol on the phone which will open the WPS Pin method. Here you will enter the Pin number you will find at the bottom of the Wireless Settings on the router.
      To get to the router wireless settings. type http://192.168.0.1 in a browser, or just click this link and it should take you there. When the settings window opens, click 'Wireless' on the Menu bar then enter admin for the user and sky for the password.
      When you are in the Wireless settings, check that the button opposite 'WPA2-PSK (AES)' or WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode) is checked or WPS will not be available.

TomD

Useful Utilites