Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless Booster Setup Tips

This is a discussion on Wireless Booster Setup Tips within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I had a few bits of trial, error and horror trying to set up the booster (since I don't have ...

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Wireless Booster Setup Tips

I had a few bits of trial, error and horror trying to set up the booster (since I don't have the new hub, I don't have the WPS button). Here are some tips I put on the sky forumL

Having trouble setting up the Wireless Booster manually?

- If it's not working in one internet browser, try another
      - Make sure you type in http:// in front (so http://skywirelessbooster.local )
      - If it's not working on one computer try another (my wireless laptop didn't like it - but my destop PC worked fine)
      - You don't need the computer you're manually connecting it to to be connected to the internet (so if you're on a wired connection with your PC, don't worry - unplug your current cable, and plug into the wireless booster to set it up - it won't break anything)
      - Important one: some internet security programs might cause fun and games; my Avast Web Shield prevented it working (it just stayed on the searching\login screen). Using the option to disable shields for 10 minutes, then closing and reopening the browser to http://skywirelessbooster.local worked and enabled me to set up. So check your intenret security software and TEMPORARILY disable firewall for a few minutes while you set up - remember to turn it back on!
      ---reech---

2. Advertisement
      audioslim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Failsworth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Booster Setup Tips

You may need to re-add/select the AP in your devices once you've got the booster setup. Lots of devices don't like AP's with the same SSID's when there was only 1 before. The Xbox's complained in our house and I had to re-add/setup the wireless details etc.