Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; We have a laptop at home witch shows connacted but wont connact to the net. we have 5 laptop and ...

roger33 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Need some help

We have a laptop at home witch shows connacted but wont connact to the net. we have 5 laptop and this is the only one that does this any help plz doing my head in now

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Need some help

What error message are you getting?

Are you running a software firewall, like Zone Alarm? If so that may be stopping the connection.

Start in Safe Mode with Networking see if you can then connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

susanhughes03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 780
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Need some help

Quote Originally Posted by roger33 View Post
      We have a laptop at home witch shows connacted but wont connact to the net. we have 5 laptop and this is the only one that does this any help plz doing my head in now
      If the problem lies only with one of your PC, it could be due to the wrong configuration settings in that PC. Chekc out How to Configure Your PC to a Local Area Network: 6 Steps and configure your LAN connection. I was using Broadband Services | High Speed Business Internet - TeraGo Networks and had similar issues with one of my PCs and it was due to some unwanted software that changed the configuration settings always.
      Last edited by Isitme; 28-02-14 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Broke commercial link