Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Google nexus 7 wifi set up

This is a discussion on Google nexus 7 wifi set up within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, Sorry if this is the wrong location, but im trying to set up my sons google Nexus 7 ...

shakie1973 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Google nexus 7 wifi set up

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong location, but im trying to set up my sons google Nexus 7 32gig tablet for Christmas, and when i ge tto the wifi set up screen its identifying my sky account, but its asking for a password. Now to my knowledge i dont have a password set on my sky account?
      I went into the router home page and the only user name and password i needed to put in was the sky / admin one. When i go into the set password page it has 3 blank sections for old password new password and confirm password.....but i cant remember setting up a password.

Is there anyway i can retrieve/reset my password, or is this even the password that the nexus is requesting?

Any help will be much appreciated!!

2. Advertisement
      James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCEAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Google nexus 7 wifi set up

You need your WPA/WPA2 WiFi password. The default password is on the sticker under your Sky router, on the card you got with it, or you can access it from the router set-up pages. Once logged in to your sky router, click the 'SETUP' tab at the top left of your browser and your WPA/WPA2 WiFi password is the one in the box at the bottom of that screen next to where it says 'Network Key (8 ~ 63 characters)' That's on my Sky F@ST2504n router, other routers may be slightly different.

This is the password you enter into your tablet.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As James says it is the WiFi password it is looking for. On the router label this will be shown as the Network Key. The default key is 8 capital letters, no numbers. For security reasons you should change this to a more secure one with a mixture of upper and lower case, numbers and punctuation marks. Use at least 12 characters and write it down somewhere in case you forget it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

shakie1973 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks guys.
      I have just logged into my sky router page, and done as you said. In the "wireless settings" under the set up tab its WEP and there are 4 WEP boxes at the bottom. One is selected with a code of cap letters / numbers 10 in total. Is this the password i need to enter into the tablet?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If it is WEP then someone has changed it, normal default is WPA. Select the WPA button and the WEP should close and show you the WPA box. There should only be one box filled in with capital letters. WEP is not secure and should not be used.

The only reason I can think of for having WEP enabled is if one of your family have a device which is not compatible with WPA. I believe the early Wii was one of these, but there are others.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-02-13, 11:17 PM