Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sudden loss of reserved IPaddresses

This is a discussion on Sudden loss of reserved IPaddresses within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi I have a DG834GT and have been using it without problems for the last year. I have set up ...

Flyer5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sudden loss of reserved IPaddresses

Hi
      I have a DG834GT and have been using it without problems for the last year.
      I have set up reserved addresses within the dhcp pool and up till this week it was fine.
      Now it seems the DHCP isnt allocating the reserved addresses, there are about 11 on the system, and it means kids pcs are not sticking to the schedule set up on the router.

Any ideas why it would suddenly stop? the only change ive made is the addition of a netgear wireless pci card to one pc, and that works fine.

There is one pc connected by ethernet cable. There are 3 PC's by wireless, 2 iphones and 3 ipods!
      oh and 2 wireless printers.

sheers
      gav

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sudden loss of reserved IPaddresses

I suspect your firmware has been updated, which it has been reported, 'breaks' some of the routers functions. I don't think Sky are prepared to do anything about it. If you want to continue with the GT, maybe you should flash it with DGTeam firmware, which is better than the Sky version in all respects.

If your firmware has not been updated, it may be the router is showing its age and starting to fail.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.