Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Broadband conflict with landline

This is a discussion on Broadband conflict with landline within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Help! I have been using Sky Broadband for a long time with no problems but recently a problem has arisen ...

geoffwba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Birmingham Great Barr

Broadband conflict with landline

Help! I have been using Sky Broadband for a long time with no problems but recently a problem has arisen in that whilst my broadband router is connected I can make outgoing calls on my landline but incoming calls (I have tried using my mobile) are greeted with the message "the caller is on the phone, please leave a message". Also connected to my BT socket are, or were, 1 Sky Box 2 Alarm system and 3 extension phone. These are connected by using an adaptor. When all are connected incoming calls usually fail to get through altogether or a message "fault on the line". At the moment , just for testing purposes I have a brand new ADSL filter connected directly to the BT socket(with faceplate removed), with just the phone and broadband router connected and get the line busy message. If I remove the broadband connector from the filter incoming calls are received OK. My broadband router is working OK and I can connect to the internet with no problems. Last week I phoned Sky who did a line check- this reported that there was a fault which appeared to be with my equipment rather than the BT line. After trying various tests by disconnecting and reconnecting the various pieces of equipment the problem seemed to resolve itself after disconnecting the extension phone (possible cabling fault) but now I am getting these fresh problems.
      This is causing me great frustration and I don't particularly want to get a BT engineer out if I can avoid it. Any help/advice would be really appreciated!
      Another question arising- do I still need an ADSL filter for each piece of equipment even though I have a filter immediately attached to the BT socket? I don't understand why multiple filters are needed when all the extra pieces of equipment are connected after the filter.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: Broadband conflict with landline

Duplicate post - please respond to thread in correct section: Sky Broadband conflict with landline