Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Time Capsule to extend Sky Router signal

This is a discussion on Time Capsule to extend Sky Router signal within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, I For the past year i have been able to connect my Sagem sky router to my Apple ...

james2393 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Time Capsule to extend Sky Router signal

Hi all,

I For the past year i have been able to connect my Sagem sky router to my Apple Time Capsule (TC) and the TC acts as the wireless router allowing computers, iPhones etc. to connect to it. However recently the sky router played up and needed fixing thus having a knock on effect on my TC and airport express.

A week later, I found time to connect the TC back and get it up and ready, however now when i connect (I hard reset the TC to start again) I can no longer connect to the internet when connected to the TC's network. It comes up with a flashing amber light and says there are 2 problems:

1. Internet connection - Your apple wi-fi base station does not have a valid IP address. I am connected using the ethernet and the 'configure IPv4' uses the DHCP.

How can i get this to work?

2nd problem. No DNS Servers - I can only presume this is linked in with the lack of internet connection.

Any help would be great as I simply don't know why it isn't working now.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Time Capsule to extend Sky Router signal

Check in the Sky router that the DHCP server is enabled.

You could try manually setting an IP in the TC ('configure IPv4'). 192.168.0.100 should do with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.0.1. If there is a section for DNS servers, use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.