Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Extend Sky wifi... 2 routers???

This is a discussion on Extend Sky wifi... 2 routers??? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, I'm new here as I've had no luck whatsoever talking to Sky! I would really appreciate any advice ...

jamieclock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01280
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Extend Sky wifi... 2 routers???

Hi all, I'm new here as I've had no luck whatsoever talking to Sky!
      I would really appreciate any advice on the following...

I have Sky broadband at home with a standard Sky Sagem wifi router.
      I can pick up wifi in most of my downstairs rooms which isn't perfect but I can get by with that.

I have an office in my garden where I work and I've had an extension ethernet cable run from the back of the Sagem router down the garden and into a socket in the wall.

Now... To connect my computer to the internet, I need to plug an ethernet cable into my PC then to the new socket. This all works perfectly... so here's the issue:

Ideally I need to have wifi in my garden office so I can use a laptop as well as my PC and maybe even my wifi printer. Can I somehow get a wifi signal??? I've no idea how or if I need an additional router or another gadget of some kind.

Any help would be gratefully received.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: Extend Sky wifi... 2 routers???

Just a small point before answering the question: Sky is a domestic product.

What this means is that many features which businesses require are not available (i.e. lots of emails sent during a 24 hour period, compensation for downtime). You may wish to consider setting up a 2nd telephone line with it's own broadband for the office in the long term.

As to extending your existing LAN to the Shed, there are a couple of threads with documents that you may wish to read first.

Extending your Home Network

How to connect two Routers together

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms