Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection keeps dropping...but only on one laptop in house

This is a discussion on Connection keeps dropping...but only on one laptop in house within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, just registered here and am in desperate need of help with my laptop. We've got 3 laptops and 2 ...

debpeb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connection keeps dropping...but only on one laptop in house

Hi, just registered here and am in desperate need of help with my laptop. We've got 3 laptops and 2 xboxes in our house which all use the wireless connection to go online and only mine seems to have problems with constant dropping connection. I've tried updating the wireless adaptor on my laptop but still get the same problem. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks as it's really frustrating.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection keeps dropping...but only on one laptop in house

You can try changing the channel in the router, but this may not help if all your other devices are connecting OK. Some times wireless adapter just do not like the Sky router and will disconnect for no apparent reason.

When you say you have updated the adapter, do you mean the drivers or the physical adapter. If it is the drivers you might want to consider buying a USB adapter. You do not need to get an expensive one, you can get a TP-Link which will do 300Mbps for about 10.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.