Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Connections Available

This is a discussion on No Connections Available within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, i'm trying to get my Belkin PLAY adapter which is plugged into my desktop PC to work with SKYs ...

ttam9891 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No Connections Available

Hi, i'm trying to get my Belkin PLAY adapter which is plugged into my desktop PC to work with SKYs Sagecom ST2504n - after being installed the adapter is unable to recognise any network and shows a "no connection available" in network settings.

I have Windows 7 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: No Connections Available

How far are you from the router? Any solid walls between your desktop and the router?

Have you checked that the wireless is enable in the router.

As a check, move the devices closer together. With a desktop it is probably easier to move the router. It would not need to be plugged into the internet to check if you can connect to it. Just plug it in close to your desktop, it should be detected with No Internet. If you don't get a connection with the devices close together, return the adapter as faulty.

You might also want to check that you have the latest 64bit drivers for the adapter.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

ttam9891 (26-10-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      How far are you from the router? Any solid walls between your desktop and the router?

Have you checked that the wireless is enable in the router.

As a check, move the devices closer together. With a desktop it is probably easier to move the router. It would not need to be plugged into the internet to check if you can connect to it. Just plug it in close to your desktop, it should be detected with No Internet. If you don't get a connection with the devices close together, return the adapter as faulty.
      Thanks for input Isitme,

My desktop is situated in a room right above the router - the floor of the room lies between them - i'm connected on my laptop from the same room with an excellent connection, so range shouldn't be an issue and the wireless from the sagecom is working as i'm using it right now.

As for the adapter being faulty, i already know that it works as i used it at a friends house on their netgear router with no issues.

Thanks

It may be a case of the adapter just not being compatible with the Sagem. What you could try is installing it on your laptop and see if it works with that. You would probably have to disable the built in wireless on the laptop.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It may be a case of the adapter just not being compatible with the Sagem. What you could try is installing it on your laptop and see if it works with that. You would probably have to disable the built in wireless on the laptop.
      I've installed it onto my laptop, disabled its built in wireless card and the Belkin adapters working fine- my laptops also using windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

That suggests it is your desktop which is causing the problem. I suggest you uninstall the adapter drivers and reinstall them, see if that helps.

There is also a possiblity that the signal is being blocked in some way. If you have a USB extension, try plugging that in, then plug the adapter into it. You can then move it around and see if it picks up the router.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

That suggests it is your desktop which is causing the problem. I suggest you uninstall the adapter drivers and reinstall them, see if that helps.

There is also a possiblity that the signal is being blocked in some way. If you have a USB extension, try plugging that in, then plug the adapter into it. You can then move it around and see if it picks up the router.
      I've uninstalled and installed the drivers multiple times to no avail - one thing that i noticed is that the adapter on the "adapter options" page was disabled and would not become enabled no matter what i tried.

Thanks

What happens when you right click the wireless icon in the Tray and select 'Troubleshoot problems'?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

What happens when you right click the wireless icon in the Tray and select 'Troubleshoot problems'?

Says something like "the adapter might be faulty" - but as i've tested, it's not.

Thanks

It seems it is faulty as far as your desktop is concerned. Have you tried plugging it into another USB port. preferably one on a different hub from the one you have been using.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast