Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How do i find out what my wireless LAN server is ?

This is a discussion on How do i find out what my wireless LAN server is ? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My friend connected my mobile phone wirelessly to my sky broadband. How do i find out what my wireless LAN ...

Alpine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Question How do i find out what my wireless LAN server is ?

My friend connected my mobile phone wirelessly to my sky broadband.

How do i find out what my wireless LAN server is to put this setting in my phone ? The phone asks me to retrieve a certificate. I don't no whether this is something I need to do or not ? - Its part of the ENROLING menu on my phone . I wanted to then set up LEAP on my phone with the SSID and authentification type. I think from the phones manual this gives gives security protection when using wireless.

I am fairly clueless as I have never used WIFI I must admit.

Can anyone help or do I need to go to the sky user forum ?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: How do i find out what my wireless LAN server is ?

This is the Sky User forum!

All you need to do is scan for the Sky network and then enter the WPA key
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I think it is probably asking for the network key. You will find this on the label on the router, it is all capital letters and this is case sensitive so make sure you enter it as such on your phone. This is the most common reason for iPhones etc, failing to connect.

If you post the make and model of your phone, I am sure a member will be able to give you the exact instructions.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alpine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Hi thanks for your answers it did work okay. It is now not working again though. It says this- cannot obtain a server assigned IP address enter the IP address in the network settings. I have disabled the internet paid for connection so I can use WIFI free and it did work before until now. Yesterday it asked for the connection key from my router which had already been put in. I put the key in , it then worked okay again. Now it has the independent problem of suddenly asking for the the server assigned email address as mentioned above. It always happens when I leave the house go out of range and come back home again. I leave the WIFI setting on my phone to 'always on'.

It like the phone is objecting to going out of range and coming back again into range and its gets confused.

My phone is a smart phone Palm treo pro with windows 6.1 and has the data comms manger turned to off and the wifi turned to on presently.

Can someone help or at least point me in the right direction?

I have never had wifi before and have tried looking at my user manual but am misunderstanding something clearly. I will do my best to try to understand any answers you can give me.

thanks very much!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Try giving your phone a fixed IP address and reserve this address in your router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.