Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting my TV wirelessly to Sagem f@st router

This is a discussion on Connecting my TV wirelessly to Sagem f@st router within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have recently bought a Sony Bravia EX403 TV and a sony wireless dongle UWA-BR100. After having problems trying to ...

hewittc77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Connecting my TV wirelessly to Sagem f@st router

I have recently bought a Sony Bravia EX403 TV and a sony wireless dongle UWA-BR100.

After having problems trying to connect the dongle to my Sagem f@st sky router, I called Sony who said that I had to put the TV onto the mac allowed list on my router.

I'm not very technology minded and I don't know how to do this.

If anyone can help with this or has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate your help.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connecting my TV wirelessly to Sagem f@st router

If you haven't already setup a MAC access list on the router then you won't need to do this and as you don't know how to set one up I can only assume you haven't.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

To be honest, adding the MAC should not be necessary unless you have already set up a wireless Access list. It should simply be a case of plugging it into the USB port, going to the network settings, entering your network key and that's it. However from looking at the web on the subject, that is far from the case. For Sony to supply a very expensive wireless bridge and send it with no set up instructions is disgraceful.

If you want to try entering the MAC, open your router's settings and click the Setup tab to open the wireless settings. There you will see a link for the Wireless Stations Access list. Click this and click turn access control on. If your adapter is be seen by the router it will be shown in the list, just click Add. If it is not go to Add station manually and put in SonyTV for the Device name and type in the MAC address of the adapter exactly as it is shown. This will be on a label on the adapter or it may be visible in the Network settings on the TV.

I have mine connected by ethernet, I would not dream of being ripped off by Sony for an adapter that may not even work too well with the router. If I were you and can't use a direct cable connection, I would buy a pair of homeplugs and connect it that way. It will be faster and more stable than Sony's expensive adapter will ever be and will cost less. See if you can return the adapter.

I forgot to add, if you do set up an Access list any other WiFi equipment you have will also have to be put in the list or they will not connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

BritBrat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I use one of these connected to my Sony Blu-ray player.

Wifi Bridge

hewittc77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. As a last ditch before MAC allowed lists etc I restored my settings on the TV yet again and hey presto all is connected and working. Fingers crossed!! Now to frightened to touch anything!!