Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No wireless connectivity between Router DG384GT & Windows 7

This is a discussion on No wireless connectivity between Router DG384GT & Windows 7 within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, Just got an Acer 5552 laptop with Windows 7 installed.Can't connect wirelessly with Router DG384GT,even though my Network SSID ...

Dave Ess is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No wireless connectivity between Router DG384GT & Windows 7

Hi,
      Just got an Acer 5552 laptop with Windows 7 installed.Can't connect wirelessly with Router DG384GT,even though my Network SSID is recognised.I can connect via cable no bother.My old computer (XP2) is still working wirelessly.I have read quite a lot of things to try on SKY Forum ,but still no joy.Now driving me crazy.Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

2. Advertisement
      MisterCarson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

Re: No wireless connectivity between Router DG384GT & Windows 7

Have the same problem here. I have been working on this problem for a friend of mine who bought a new HP pc over Christmas. I can see the router with the PC and can try and connect but no joy the last engineer set the channel to 1 and have dived in and out of every setting to try and change the channel in windows seven but no joy. I then reset the router to Auto and still nothing. Now it would be at this point I would blame the router but no. He also bought a wireless HP Printer. I connected the printer to the router first time of asking through two walls and two panes of glass. So the router is obviously working fine. I need firstly to be able to change the channel in windows 7 bearing in mind I am signed is administrator and the choice to change is not available in the wifi port the adapter or anywhere visible that I can fathom. or indeed see. I believe this to be a windows 7 issue but would like some ideas to try as well in regards to the router. I think Windows 7 is holding original connection information which was entered incorrectly and will not let go of it. Any help welcomed thanks in advance

andrew

Dave Ess is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Thanks

Re: No wireless connectivity between Router DG384GT & Windows 7

got the answer.....it was the router.....it could see my laptop,but was not in 'trusted wireless stations'.... even after moving in to 'trusted wireless stations' it still didn't work until I deleted the original laptop connection.....new laptop connected right away. Then I reconnected my original laptop & now they both work...yahoo