Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem F@st 2504 question

This is a discussion on Sagem F@st 2504 question within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; So I've decided to finally go Wireless. My question is for those of you with this router is do you ...

jaishah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem F@st 2504 question

So I've decided to finally go Wireless. My question is for those of you with this router is do you use a UDB dongle or Wireless PCI card.

Im tempted to try the PCI card as the Belkin USB adapter I have tried before failed miserably!

I have read various reviews on the topic and none seem steered towards one or the other. There seems to be a better signal range on PCI cards however due to the extended antenna.

Your thought please?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      skytsat1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem F@st 2504 question

either will do.
      there are many factors in wireless where the router is situated in relation to the router.
      for the best connection stability wise on the sagem router use the mode 802.11b only this will drop the wireless connection down to 11Mbps but have a much better range and stability. use of any other wireless devices can also inhibit the range and effectiveness of the router. baby monitors chordless phones ect, that broadcast on a frequency of 2.4GHz or close to that can cause alot of interference. keep both the router and the pc away from heavy metals - raditors ect - water based objects such as fish tanks. almost all wireless adapters can support wpa which is the default encryption of the router and if not most of them will have updated drivers that will allow it to support wpa, if you need to change the encryption just access the router. usb dongle work slightly better in my opinion but not much. if your using a belkin wireless adapter, disable the belkin asistant in msconfig and enable zero config its easier for you. if ur using windows 7 or vista and get a new adapter you may have to download the drivers from the manufacturers website for the OS - sky supplied dongle only has the drivers for xp.
      i work for sky........