Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Faulty router?

This is a discussion on Faulty router? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Since moving on to Sky BB and thus using their supplied hardware (Sagem), I've been having problems with my wifi ...

BrixtonBiker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brixton
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Faulty router?

Since moving on to Sky BB and thus using their supplied hardware (Sagem), I've been having problems with my wifi network that I never had with AOL and their DG834 supplied hardware.
      I find my wifi network grinds to a halt temporarily and then resumes, when I'm not even doing that much with it.
      I frequently get a router login page displayed instead of a web page I'm trying to view, although if I login to the router it says I'm connected to the outside world.
      Frequently when trying to login to the router, it appears to freeze on me and I can't login.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to use my old DG834 with Sky? How do I go about finding out what the login details and config settings are?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      skytsat1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Faulty router?

change the mode to 802.11b only usually gives better wireless signal.
      http://192.168.0.1
      username admin password sky

or you could piggy back the 2 routers
      log on to the sky router - set up - untick enable wireless access point and apply
      log on to ur own router under advanced tab lan settings or lan ip set up change the ip address to 192.168.0.197 untick use router as dhcp server and apply or save and connect the 2 routers using the ethernet cable.
      i work for sky........