Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot get a Belkin F5D8633-4 to work with Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Cannot get a Belkin F5D8633-4 to work with Sky Broadband within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, Can somebody help me please? At present I have an anthracite coloured Netgear (V2 I think!) broadband router and ...

Andyh-R6S is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Cannot get a Belkin F5D8633-4 to work with Sky Broadband

Hi,

Can somebody help me please?

At present I have an anthracite coloured Netgear (V2 I think!) broadband router and I have tried to get a Belkin N wireless router (F5D8633-4) to work with my connection with no luck at all. (I am giving up for tonight, I will try again tomorrow.)

I have the username and password from the generator (XXXXXXXXXXXX@SKYDSL, XXXXbf647 (‘X’ used to protect my data!)) and even though I select ‘other’ as ‘Sky’ does not exist as a provider within the Belkin setup software, it does not allow me to connect to the internet. If I then connect the original Sky router up, the Sky router works OK, so I know my line is actually OK too. (I let the Belkin software do it all until I get asked for the username & password and that is all I add in.)

Any ideas where I am going wrong, do I have to input/change something else too?
      (I do get all the correct lights up on the Belkin router, except I need the ‘Internet’ light to go solid blue and not flashing orange.)

Regards,

Andy H.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Cannot get a Belkin F5D8633-4 to work with Sky Broadband

Verify you have VC-Based Multiplexing with a VPI of 0 and a VCI of 38 set in the ADSL settings.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB