Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

My iphone is connected with any wi-fi but not SKY

This is a discussion on My iphone is connected with any wi-fi but not SKY within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everyone, Ive had this laptop has been connected to our Sky wireless router for 2 years but whenever I ...

tosuncuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy My iphone is connected with any wi-fi but not SKY

Hi everyone,

Ive had this laptop has been connected to our Sky wireless router for 2 years but whenever I try to connect my iphone 4 it wont play!

It finds the network, I enter my password, it thinks about it for a bit, and then says "Unable to connect to <router name>." I am 100% sure my password is correct. I thought it was our router but I tried my iphone 4 around friends who also got sky router but iphone gave me the same message that "Unable to connect to <router name>."

Please heeeelp.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: My iphone is connected with any wi-fi but not SKY

I have an iPhone 3 and I am on o2 - However I do use the Sky Netgear V2 router on o2 and the iPhone works fine with it.

Make sure the password is correct, and that you are using CAPS etc if the password contains any CAPS etc

Have you reset the standard password to one of your own or not?

PS I did use the Sagem Sky Router on o2 as well before the PSU went down, and the iPhone worked fine on that as well.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

cat_woman73 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Hi Tosuncuk

Just joined to say I have the exact same problem but with my HTC Desire. My phone has connected to the Sky wireless router OK all the time I have had the phone (few months) but in the last few days it has stopped working. It will connect to other Wifi (there is a BTFON that is accessible in our house and it keeps connecting to that but I can't use it because I don't know what it is and it needs a password anyway). I have also used it successfully in McDonalds. My partner's iphone4 is working fine with our wifi so its just my phone (although haven't tried anyone elses and the PC is connected via the ethernet cable as it crashes when using the wireless connection). I know the password is correct because if I enter an incorrect password it says straight away 'incorrect password' but if I put in the right password (the original one which came with the router, in uppercase) it then thinks about connecting for a bit before saying 'connection unsuccessful'). One thing that may be significant is that on Tuesday this week came home to find wireless router (we have the white one I think it is the oldest standard sky router) wasn't working for anything (orange tick). reset it a few times and looked in the settings and everythign but didn't do anything else, mainly because that is the limit of our abilities LOL. Started working again later in the evening for PC and iphone4 but not my HTC desire

I'm going away for a few days but will check back in next week to see if anyone has come up with a solution.

Good Luck!

lindley010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01302
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Cat women, its better to start your own thread as they are two seperate issues.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

They may actually be the same issue, as NR has said you have to ensure you tap the shift key to capitalise each letter in the WPA key as Iphone and the HTC will default to lower case.
      If the key is correct then the best thing to try is reset the router to ensure there is no MAC filtering turned on by mistake and also check no PCs or devices are on static IPs as that could cause IP conflicts.
      Other than that I can only say that both those devices work with the routers as I have a HTC, my wife has the Iphone and neither of us have issues connecting them.