Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unable to make wireless connection WIN7

This is a discussion on Unable to make wireless connection WIN7 within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; could the reason i dont have those tabs because my adapter, the DLINK adaptoer is not compatably or faulty? What ...

Lewis825 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Unable to make wireless connection WIN7

could the reason i dont have those tabs because my adapter, the DLINK adaptoer is not compatably or faulty?

What else can i try

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Are you sure you have clicked the correct icon? You should have at least 2 icons one for your ethernet adapter and one for the wireless adapter. If you don't have one for the wireless then it is probably not installed correctly.

What does it show in the Device Manager?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

OK, im close to screaming here!!!

I have just bought a new adaptor thinking my DLink one was out dated and not compatable.

So I got a Belkin F6D4050ed Adaptor

I've followed the instrustion to the letter, installed the driver, reset the PC and the Belkin Networking Utility that it say it uses wont load. I wanna deactivate windows and use the bekin software!!!!

WHY O WHY wont it let me?

Thanks

You would have been far better loading the Driver only and using the Windows Manager. I would advise uninstalling the driver and utility and download and install the driver from here -
      Belkin : Support : F6D4050 Version 1 N150 Enhanced Wireless USB Network Adapter - Driver Only Packages

Windows will then automatically take over the adapter.

The Win 7 Manager is superior to the utilities given out with the adapter.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

But surely if it can see the network then the drivers fine???

Thanks

I would not advise it but if you want to deactivate the Windows Manager do as I said in Post 7, but untick the box if it is ticked. If you still cannot see the wireless networking tab, it is not properly installed. If it is not ticked you should do as I suggested in Post 14.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've done everything.

Im getting really ****** now i been on this 12hrs straight.

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/step1h.jpg/

this is the message i get after correctly inputing the network key.

I press the troubleshoot button and it just says to reset the router which i've done and the same message comes up.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I would not advise it but if you want to deactivate the Windows Manager do as I said in Post 7, but untick the box if it is ticked. If you still cannot see the wireless networking tab, it is not properly installed. If it is not ticked you should do as I suggested in Post 14.
      Are you looking at a Windows 7 install? I thought they had removed the Wireless tab when Zero-configuration was superseded by WLAN auto config. You get into wireless security by clicking Manage Wireless Networks from the Network and Sharing Center, double clicking the network and selecting the Security tab. That's the way it works on my Win 7 laptop.

@Lewis825. Can you connect to the network on the problem PC by cable? If you open Windows Task Manager are dot3svc and Wlansvc running (Services tab)? If both are, try stopping dot3svc as you don't need it. Wlansvc is the wireless auto config service, so you need that.

If you have all the correct drivers, and removing security doesn't work then it sounds like a firewall problem. What firewall do have installed? If it shows your local network then try deleting it and letting the firewall detect it again.

Another method of checking your USB adapter and settings is to try it on your other PC to see if it works from there.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I can get a wired connection but my new PC is in another room so i cant keep it that way.

Im using Mcaffe firewall. Deactivating does nothing still same message appears.

The dot3svr process was already stoped.

Im using the Sky Netgear Router, The black one, could this be the problem???

Lots of people seem to be having the same trouble on the net but none show soultions

Thanks

Are you looking at a Windows 7 install? I thought they had removed the Wireless tab when Zero-configuration was superseded by WLAN auto config
      Quite correct. I was working on Vista and did not realise they were different. Apologies.

I have now installed my old Linksys WUSB54GR on my Win 7 installation with no problem at all. Installed the driver, plugged in the adapter when directed to and that was it. Many make the mistake of plugging in the adapter before starting the installation, this will cause corruption and the driver will not install correctly.

I still advise installing the drivers only and don't plug in the adapter till told to. When the installation is complete, click on the wireless icon, click on Connect, put in the network key and that's it. If you have installed the Belkin utility, uninstall it as it may be causing the problem.

One other point, before you attempt to install again, go to the Network and Sharing and click Manage Wireless connections in the left pane, highlight all the entries that may be there and click remove.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast