Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor connection

This is a discussion on Poor connection within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, I am having problems with my wireless connection. There are 3 laptops 2 ipods and an Xbox all trying ...

x-dawn-x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Poor connection

Hello,
      I am having problems with my wireless connection. There are 3 laptops 2 ipods and an Xbox all trying to get connection The problem is that its always my laptop that seems to lose the connection. Even if we are all sitting in the same room the kids will get good or excellent strength and my laptop shows poor or local only. I have just been upgraded from base to unlimited. Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: Poor connection

Quote Originally Posted by x-dawn-x View Post
      Hello,
      I am having problems with my wireless connection. There are 3 laptops 2 ipods and an Xbox all trying to get connection The problem is that its always my laptop that seems to lose the connection. Even if we are all sitting in the same room the kids will get good or excellent strength and my laptop shows poor or local only. I have just been upgraded from base to unlimited. Any ideas?
      6 items all trying to share the wireless connection at the same time. on 54g its not surprising really.
      What router do you have? if its the sagem then the wireless is crap. Either look at getting home plugs consider using Ethernet cable for some of your devices. Which will help split the load on the wireless side. Ethernet cable is always going to win hands down over wireless IMHO. Security for one and speed for an other.
      The other thing is that what ever your connection speed, it has to be shared out between you all. So if only one person is using their connection to download or P2P then the rest are buggered, no matter what.
      Check no ones downloading and taking up all the bandwidth, also check theres nothing running in the back ground that shouldn't be.