Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Internet Access

This is a discussion on No Internet Access within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey there, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, I have a Sky Netgear Black Wireless Router connected to two computers in ...

Fictional is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No Internet Access

Hey there, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, I have a Sky Netgear Black Wireless Router connected to two computers in my house, a few weeks back I started to get this problem where my internet would stop working and I would get a 'No Internet Access' problem over my Task Bar and my router would start flashing a single orange and green light on the '@' symbol, I reset my router a few times and my computer, I'm dire with CMD but I know basic ipconfig commands.

Anyway, I left my computer offline for the night hoping it would fix itself, and so it did.
      I came home today and I've got the exact same problem on both of my computers, It's telling me I'm connected but with no internet access and then it suddenly fixes itself after 10 seconds or so.

I should probably note that Windows 7 is no different to Vista.

Help would be awesome.

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: No Internet Access

I've been using Windows 7 since the first day of its Beta release last year and I've had no problems. What happens to your Router if you leave it operating but don't have any computers attached either by wire or wirelessly? Also have you tried connecting computers to the router by LAN cable only ? That do you see if you type ipconfig /all in CMD?