Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

More laptop drop out woes !!

This is a discussion on More laptop drop out woes !! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have also tried to use thew anti lag app & this makes no difference. When i eventually get a ...

super-saint is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Re: More laptop drop out woes !!

I have also tried to use thew anti lag app & this makes no difference. When i eventually get a connection & run app, connection still drops

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: More laptop drop out woes !!

Before you do anything create a new Restore Point, press windows key, type res and hit Enter. Click the 'open System Protection' link and press the 'Create' button. This will allow you to return to your present configuration should anything go wrong.

I don't have an Acer so I don't know exactly how to turn off eNet, but I think there will be an option on its management interface. This is probably found in the Control Panel. Alternately, have a look in the Program and features list and see if it has an Uninstall option.

Just in case this disables the adapter driver, go to ATHEROS Wireless LAN 2.4/5GHz - Download Driver AR5007EG and download the driver for your adapter. You will have to find out the exact model # as several are available.

When you have done this go to the Network and Sharing Centre and click Set up a connection or Network in the left pane and follow the Wizard. Make sure your wireless is turned on and the ethernet cable unplugged.

Another thing which can cause problems is having TCP v6 enabled. To disable this click Manage Network Connections in the left pane of the Network and Sharing Centre, right click the adapter icon and select Properties. Untick the box for TCP/IP Ver6. Do this for both your adapters.

Check that your power settings are correct by going to the Power Options in the Control Panel, click Change plan Settings, then Change advanced power settings, scroll down to your Wireless adapter, expand the entry and make sure it is set to maximum performance.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12