Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot set up access point on my DG 834 GT

This is a discussion on Cannot set up access point on my DG 834 GT within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have the DG 834 GT router from sky which works fine but when I have tried setting up an ...

Richardod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upminster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cannot set up access point on my DG 834 GT

I have the DG 834 GT router from sky which works fine but when I have tried setting up an access point on it it is a nightmare.

I have bought a Belkin F5D 7132uk access point to go into the back of my blu ray player to access the bonus view content,but before it goes into the blu ray player I thought it had to be configured on the PC.

I'm not really sure how to do that but I thought at least they should be able to recognise one another.
      All I get is conflicting IP address errors it's a nightmare.

Can anyone tell me the best way to configure these things with the sky router or is there a better and easier option than the belkin.

Thanks for any help

2. Advertisement
      Jay33 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01383
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Cannot set up access point on my DG 834 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Richardod View Post
      I have the DG 834 GT router from sky which works fine but when I have tried setting up an access point on it it is a nightmare.

I have bought a Belkin F5D 7132uk access point to go into the back of my blu ray player to access the bonus view content,but before it goes into the blu ray player I thought it had to be configured on the PC.

I'm not really sure how to do that but I thought at least they should be able to recognise one another.
      All I get is conflicting IP address errors it's a nightmare.

Can anyone tell me the best way to configure these things with the sky router or is there a better and easier option than the belkin.

Thanks for any help
      Hi there,

yes, the IP confilct will be a possible side effect of any networking hardware that you instal into your setup, it simply means the devices are on the same track and clashing, one way round this is to manualy set your routers IP address to one step higher than you Blue ray access point (AP) you sky router will probably be 192.168.0.2, and you blu-ray as well if they are conflicting,. depending on the operating system you have on your pc i will be able to tell you how to sort it out, provide me with your operating system and any additional hardware you are trying to setup and i will tell you how to sort the setup.

thanks,
      Microsoft Certified IT Professional - MCP/ MCDST 70-271, 70-272, A+

Richardod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upminster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cannot set up access point on my DG 834 GT

Hi.
      I have XP pro as my o/s I have no other hardware that I am trying to set up just this.
      My son runs his PS3 from the router wirelessly and a laptop.
      I have had a look at the properties on my pc and they are as follows

Address type Assigned by DHCP

IP Address 192.168.0.2
      subnet mask 255.255.255.0
      default gateway 192.168.0.1

I got the AP to connect to the network briefly then it came up with conflict again.
      the blu ray player need all these settings put in as well and i haven't a clue thanks for any help.

I think i set the AP as 192.168.0.150

Thanks for your help.