Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wireless connection not working

This is a discussion on Wireless connection not working within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; When I click "manage wireless network" there is nothing there or when i click "+ADD". If I click on "add ...

ALIPOPSJANE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01933
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless connection not working

When I click "manage wireless network" there is nothing there or when i click "+ADD".

If I click on "add a network that is in range of this computer" is brings up SKY***** if I click on that and connect its says" windows cannot connect to SKY*****". . When I click on diagnose problem the error says - "Wireless association failed because windows did not receive any response from the router our access point" and it doesnt come up with a password anywhere.

Am I being really blond !!! No dont answer that !

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If I click on add a network that is in range of this computer is comes up with my sky network and when i try to connect it still wont do it
      If i click on diagnose the problem it says "wireless association failed because windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point"

It doesnt ask me for a password anywhere

Ive also gone into the wireless router settings and ticked the disable box and tried to connect but no joy !!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

OK, when you click +Add and are given the three choices, choose 'Manually create a network profile'. This will bring up a page asking for the Network Name, which is the SSID of the router. Check in the router Wireless settings that you have the correct name. It will be SKYXXXXX. This has been known to change from that shown on the router label. When you are there check the password for WPA, by default it will be 8 capital letters. This is case sensitive.
      The next on the list is the Security type, choose WPA Personal, then for encryption, TKIP.
      Enter the key from the router, all capital letters. Tick the box to display characters to check you have it correct.
      Tick the box to Start Automatically, then click Next. Click the Connect to box and you should be connected.

Disconnect from the ethernet after you have checked the router details as this may prevent a wireless connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Will try when I get home from work thanks for your quick replies

Ali

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have tried following yr advice but still not working - diagnose problem still says the same - Wireless association failed because windows did not receive any response from the router our access point... AAAAghhhhh this is driving me nuts !!!

Thanks

Has your son been fiddling again? The error you are getting is what happens when the router is using an access list, or even has the wireless turned off. Try resetting the router again by pushing a biro into the hole at the back and holding it there until the front lights flash.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have tried this but still gives me the same message !

Thanks

I am afraid I am running out of ideas, but I am beginning to wonder if the fault is with your adapter drivers. Usually reinstalling them will fix the problem. You could try going to the Device Manager, Windows key, type dev, double click the icon and accept UAC. Expand the Network adapters section right click your Wireless adapter and select Uninstall. Click OK, then right click Computer at the top of the list and select Scan for hardware changes. The adapter will be found and reinstalled.
      Before you do the above make sure you have the drivers handy, ready to point the Wizard to when you are asked. It would better if you went to the Dell site and downloaded the latest drivers. The easiest way to do this with Dell is to use your Service tag number. Go here - Dell Drivers and Downloads and enter your number.
      When you are reinstalling the drivers you should be given the choice to use the Dell or Windows Managers, choose Windows. Dell will be selected by default I think, so watch for this.
      If you can try this and see how you get on.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have done this but when i reinstall the drivers it doesnt ask to choose between dell or windows manager :-(

Thanks

Any more luck connecting?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast