Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

problems with ps3 wireless connection

This is a discussion on problems with ps3 wireless connection within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hello ppl i'm new to this and this is my last resort as ive tried everyone else eg: sky,playstation,activision etc ...

bikerbabe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy problems with ps3 wireless connection

hello ppl
      i'm new to this and this is my last resort as ive tried everyone else eg: sky,playstation,activision etc
      my sons ps3 is in his bedroom and the router is down stairs (stairs are in living room so no hallway walls to go through!!!) when he plays on call of duty4 the connection is to say the least crap!!
      as you can imagine living with a teenager throwing a fit because he cant kill someone in australia because his connection is useless is sheer hell!!!!
      sky told me it would be better to go wired but that would mean a hell of a lot of cable running through the house
      the problem only started about two months ago and was with netgear 8 months ago and had no problems there
      please can anyone help because if this carries on much longer you may see me in the papers up for murder!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      fugly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: BT Option 3
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: problems with ps3 wireless connection

Sounds like your easiest option would be to use a powerline ethernet adaptor, this works by using your house mains as ethernet electrical connection.
      A netgear one can be seen here PowerLine Wall-Plugged HD Ethernet Starter Kit - HDXB101, this is the top of the range one by the way, there are cheaper options about.