Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

flashed netgear cant get wireless

This is a discussion on flashed netgear cant get wireless within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys I have flashed my old netger dg834gt router so I could use it with my isp. I've got ...

steb23 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

flashed netgear cant get wireless

Hi guys I have flashed my old netger dg834gt router so I could use it with my isp. I've got it to work via the cable but cannot set it up for wireless any ideas wot it could be

Edit: i used the guild off here to flash it. i must say it was very good thanks
      Last edited by steb23; 07-12-08 at 09:25 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: flashed netgear cant get wireless

Probably the best thing for you to do is to download the router Manual. You will find it here-
      http://kbserver.netgear.com/pdf/dg834gt_manual.pdf

I don't mean this in a RTFM way, but you will find all the information you need to set up the wireless and other aspects of the router not available with the Sky firmware.

The most important thing is to make sure the wireless is enabled in the wireless settings. With Sky firmware it comes enabled by default, but the firmware you are using may disable it by default.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.