Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Speedtouch Router

This is a discussion on Speedtouch Router within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Prior to Sky I was with Pipex and had a Speedtouch 580 hooked up for use in the house. I ...

drgreen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Question Speedtouch Router

Prior to Sky I was with Pipex and had a Speedtouch 580 hooked up for use in the house. I also had a Belkin wireless adapter in another part of the house which worked well although if left on for a while it lost the signal and necessitated the computer being shutdown and restarted. Now I have the Sky router - having swapped from Pipex. Works well and seems to be visible within the house. The Belkin wireless adapter I cannot seem to configure with SKY - it just does not see the Sky router. So possible solution is to reconfigure the Speedtouch in another machine in another room - and then use a Netgear adapter to hook up - as the Speedtouch seemed to be more visible...

1) Is it possible to hook up two wireless routers through the same phone line connection - using two filters? I only have one main phone point...

2) How can I configure the Speedtouch to link up to SKY - do I need to just setup the Speedtouch - with its CD - or should I use the SKY CD? or both? I can configure the Speedtouch but cannot link to the Internet

3) The DSL seems to be visible on the Speedtouch - but I cannot seemingly link in via the Speedtouch router.

Either this is possible or it is not.................. any advice?

Failing this - I will try the Netgear to see if it has a better range than the Belkin adapter...........................

The other part of the house by the way is a separate building adjacent to the house........

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:

Re: Speedtouch Router

Unfortunately it isn't possible to have two routers attached to the same phone line under any circumstances.

Not sure if Q2 is subsequent to Q1 but it is usually possible to use a non-sky router - You would need to obtain your DSL username and password to enter these details manually into the speedtouch. Sky don't approve of this so they won't give you these details but if you search other threads on this forum you will find out how. However I don't think this is your fundamental problem.

Q3 - You need the details mentioned above to be able to connect. Won't work without.

If the fundamental issue is the range of the wireless signal then your best bet, especially if you want connectivity in a separate building, will be to use Homeplug Adapters to send the ethernet signal via the mains wiring.

Post back if you need further details.