Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Router Dropping Network

This is a discussion on Sagem Router Dropping Network within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have just set up my Sky broadband but am almost tearing my hair out trying to set up ...

gouranga is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01304
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sagem Router Dropping Network

Hi, I have just set up my Sky broadband but am almost tearing my hair out trying to set up the wireless. Im not too technical minded but can hold my own so bear with me. I can connect absolutely fine wired, with the yellow ethernet cable. But wireless is where the problems start. The network keeps dropping and I keep losing connection. I want to use my ps3, my pc and my mobile with it but everytime i try to connect with any of them they will not find the network. Then suddenly it'll find the network after 9 or 10 tries but wont connect to the internet. Then after 9 or 10 more tries it connects and works fine for about 10 mins then randomly kicks me off. I cant even see a trend when it's doing it, it just disconnects. sometimes it reconnects me straight away, sometimes i have to wait about 10 mins. If i remove the ethernet cable (connected to the pc) the wireless on the ps3 disconnects, if i restart my computer it disconnects. If i do nothing it disconnects. There is no pattern to it. I can sometimes find and connect to the network and internet when the pc is on and off. Sometimes it finds my network, sometimes it doesnt. And that's a wi-fi enabled phone, pc (using a wi-fi adapter) and a ps3. Please help!!! Is it just settling in because this is my second day of using it or is there something else? Sky cx services are useless, first guy told me it was a problem with my wireless adapter on my pc and i gotta phone Belkin (even though its a problem affecting all my devices), the next three put me on hold then hung up on me and the fifth guy told me there was no problem!?!?!?!? Even whilst typing this i keep getting the message "wireless connection active, signal strength excellent....." 2 mins later "wireless connection unavailable" "trying to reconnect"

P.s. sorry about the long thread, hope there is enough info for you

2. Advertisement
      googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router Dropping Network

Have you tried changing the channel number on the router settings page.

In ie or ff 192.168.0.1
      User : admin password: sky

Then select set up, then you have the channel number in there.

gouranga is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01304
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No aint tried that. How do i do it? What shall i change it to? And what good does it do? Cheers

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Ok, In the address bar of the browser delete http:// etc.... and just type 192.168.0.1

You will be prompted for a username - admin password - sky

click on setup, and change the channel number to 1, then click apply. Try to connect
      If there are problems still try another channel number

Give the channel number thing a go, and take it from there.