Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection help

This is a discussion on Connection help within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey i need some help connecting another pc to my router (DG834GT). ive been using a WG111T wirless adaptor since ...

Tages is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection help

Hey i need some help connecting another pc to my router (DG834GT). ive been using a WG111T wirless adaptor since i joined sky and its worked fine but ive built a new pc and using it with that pc so i gave my old pc to my dad but i carnt get it to find my router.
      we got another wirless adaptor (WG111v3) but it finds the router for a second and keeps scanning. It seems to have a hard time finding the router so i plugged my old wg111t to see if the signal was being block but it found it instantly and started to work. ive changed the wirless adaptor to make sure it wasnt a bad one and this new one still carnt find it so i could use some help as im sure im sure a new adaptor should work fine.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connection help

Have you checked the Netgear site for updated drivers? I had a pig of a job trying to get mine to work with Vista, gave up in the end and I am using homeplugs with much better results and security.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection help

I read somewhere that this adapter has problems when the router wireless mode is set to Auto, try changing it to 'g' only and see if you have better luck.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.