Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can not connect to wireless device - End of teather... please help me :(

This is a discussion on Can not connect to wireless device - End of teather... please help me :( within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have the white sky wireless router and i am unable to connect wirelessly to it. I can connect ...

AndyDonut is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01452
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can not connect to wireless device - End of teather... please help me :(

Hi,
      I have the white sky wireless router and i am unable to connect wirelessly to it. I can connect to the web when i use the ethernet cable, but when i try and connect wirelessly by double clicking on the wireless network it just stays at "connection to network" and then just stops about a minute later.

I have called Sky 3 times who keep telling me it is my laptops that are the problem as all the steps they have taken me through do not work.

This is not the case, as i have tried 4 different laptops and none can connect. All 4 of these laptops work fine on other wireless networks at different properties... But SKY are not having any of it....

Please help...
      Thanks,
      Andy

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Can not connect to wireless device - End of teather... please help me :(

Try turning off the security in the router, see if it will connect. You could also try changing the channel on the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Also check and see how many wireless network the computers can see in range, if there are more than 2 or 3 it may well be channel clash and changing channels as above will help. One other thing to check is if there is anything near the router that may be impacting the signal.

gdeagle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

make sure that your wireless ip settings on the laptop are set to automatic. If you have previously set the the ip's manually for a different network you may be on a different subnet.
      right click on your wireless connection click status -> properties.
      In the general tab highlight tcp/ip protocol and click properties then choose automatic (dhcp).

This assumes that you use xp to configure your wireless settings.