Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

serious connection problems

This is a discussion on serious connection problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Over the last couple of weeks I been having serious problems connecting my adaptor on my pc to my reuter, ...

raven_girl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

serious connection problems

Over the last couple of weeks I been having serious problems connecting my adaptor on my pc to my reuter, the adaptor is belkin g mimo while the reuter is netgear 2 I think. All the other computers in the house are working fine,first I thought it was a channel problem so we changed the channel and it worked for about a day then stopped again so I brought an usb extenstion and i'm now picking up 4 bars of signal but it still won't connect and it;s not to do with where my pc is because my mum's laptop works fine in my room. Any help would be greatly appreciated, could it be a comatablity problem with belkin and netgear

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: serious connection problems

You might try logging into the Sky router and change the wireless mode. I believe the default is usually g&b and it may be worth changing that to g only.

I am assuming that Belkin claim that their Mimo adapter is backwards compatible with 11g -- and that the black Netgear router (Netgear 2) isn't Mimo.

It's worth mentioning that most wireless problems are related to encryption, reception, interference. But if you've set up the other computers without difficulty it sounds as though the issue is with the Belkin and the fact that it's a recent specification.
      Last edited by fihart; 16-09-08 at 04:37 PM.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I did a Google search on the USB adaptor and it came up with pages of people complaining about it disconnecting. A typical one is Windows Marketplace: Product details for Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Adapter Network Adapter

raven_girl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just to let people know, I tried a netgear out, had exactly the same problems so I've had to move the computer downstairs