Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should it be this slow?

This is a discussion on Should it be this slow? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; You may want to download and install the latest manufacturers drivers for your wireless card. If you are using the ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Should it be this slow?

You may want to download and install the latest manufacturers drivers for your wireless card. If you are using the original drivers or MS's generic ones they may not be performing as well as they should.

Also try changing the channel in the router, there could be one that works better than the one you are using.

Finally you do not say what browser you are using, if it is IE, try one of these and see if there is a difference.

Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

Google Chrome - Download a new browser

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      BusyDee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      If it is only whilst using wireless, then there is nothing wrong with your connection or the supply of.

I would have a read of this and see if it helps?

Slow Wireless Speeds? Read this!

It may or not help.
      Thank you, I will read.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You may want to download and install the latest manufacturers drivers for your wireless card. If you are using the original drivers or MS's generic ones they may not be performing as well as they should.

Also try changing the channel in the router, there could be one that works better than the one you are using.

Finally you do not say what browser you are using, if it is IE, try one of these and see if there is a difference.

Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language

Google Chrome - Download a new browser
      I will assume original drivers as I have never downloaded anything else.

I am sorry I did not say, I use Mozilla, I will try with IE you never know.

Thank you.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have found this driver on the Acer site for the 5510

801.11a+b+g wireless Lan Driver 9.0.1.9

will that be it please? Also, is downloading a driver self installing?

Also, could it be this simple?

I have moved away from the router and I am certainly getting faster downloads? Not perfect but very much better.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

That is the driver you need, even if that is the one you are using try re-installing it anyway. I may help.
      I think the driver is probably in a zipped folder which you will have to download, place in a folder and unzip it. When it unzips, look for a .EXE file and double click it. This should install the driver. Make sure you unzip it to a folder, if you just unzip it on your Desktop you could end up with dozens of files scattered across the desktop.

I have to emphasize this may not help, it is just one of the possible reasons.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Should it be this slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That is the driver you need, even if that is the one you are using try re-installing it anyway. I may help.
      I think the driver is probably in a zipped folder which you will have to download, place in a folder and unzip it. When it unzips, look for a .EXE file and double click it. This should install the driver. Make sure you unzip it to a folder, if you just unzip it on your Desktop you could end up with dozens of files scattered across the desktop.

I have to emphasize this may not help, it is just one of the possible reasons.
      Thank you for checking the driver for me, I will install it. As you say it may just help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12