Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Netgear WG111T wireless adaptor

This is a discussion on Netgear WG111T wireless adaptor within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; The icon for the adaptor at the bottom right hand of the screen keeps on dissaperaring and even when i ...

gazza3535 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Netgear WG111T wireless adaptor

The icon for the adaptor at the bottom right hand of the screen keeps on dissaperaring and even when i double click the program icon all that happens is the screen with the detail on it just pops up for about 3 sec then disappeaers, the only way that I can get it back is to reinstaller the software again, and untill I reinstall the software again I have no internet acsess

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Netgear WG111T wireless adaptor

I am afraid according to this thread on the Netgear forum this is a commom complaint which as yet seems to have no solution. Have a read through the thread, you may pick something useful up.

If you bought it from Sky, they should give support or your money back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Netgear WG111T wireless adaptor

Easiest route would be to put windows in control of the device, that way no matter how bad the netgear software is you will still maintain connection. If you are using XP go into control panel, network connections, right click on the icon for your wireless connection, when the screen comes up check if there are 3 tabs. If you have 3 tabs click the middle (wireless) one and put a tick in the check box at the top of the page (allow windows to control this device).
      If you haven't got 3 tabs you need to go into control panel, admin tools, services and turn WZC on again.