Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can not view web pages

This is a discussion on Can not view web pages within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Can anybody help.... I can not view any web pages what so ever wirlessly, but I can using the LAN ...

Porker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can not view web pages

Can anybody help....
      I can not view any web pages what so ever wirlessly, but I can using the LAN cable ???. I can connect to my netgear router not problems, I have a very good siginal so no problems there. Click to go onto the internet and I get the standard message of page not available. Spent hours on the phone to sky still with no luck....

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Can not view web pages

If you can connect wired but not wirelessly the the first thing to check (and by far the most likely culprit) is that you have the wireless encryption set up properly.

I'd have thought Sky would have taken you through the steps to check this - the first being to turn off wireless encryption entirely and see if you can connect. If you've already done this and still can't connect then there's quite a long list of things to go through next. What tests have Sky taken you through?
      Last edited by Saturday; 14-07-08 at 10:51 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I can connect to my netgear router not problems,
      Do you mean you can do this with wireless? If so, it will not be an encryption problem.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tryed to remove the encruption, Change the router name, change the Secuity type from wpa to wep.
      I used to have virgin and i bought a wireless router and I had no problems like this.

I,ve even tryred to connect my old wireless router to the sky router via lan cable, could connnect to the router but sill unable to view any web pages

Sky said its something to do with my laptop

Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by 'tryed to remove the encruption,' go into the wireless setting and under security options, select the 'Disable' button.

Also go to your PC's Control Panel, select Network Connections. Right click the wireless adapter, highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and click properties. Make sure that 'Obtain an IP address automatically' is selected. Close out then right click the Ethernet adapter and select 'Disable'. This should not be necessary but may help.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've also had the standard windows firewall disbled and my advast AV disabled still with no luck

Thanks

I do not want to appear pedantic, but can you confirm that you have tried everything that has been suggested? It is difficult to make further suggestions if you don't report back on what you have done.

One other thing you can try is checking the laptop manufacturer's site for the latest drivers for your wireless adapter. What is the make/model of your laptop?

TomD

Useful Utilites