Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless Adaptor woes !! help

This is a discussion on Wireless Adaptor woes !! help within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Using a netgear router DG934G which connects via ethernet to PC with no problems. Want to go wireless so have ...

super-saint is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Wireless Adaptor woes !! help

Using a netgear router DG934G which connects via ethernet to PC with no problems. Want to go wireless so have bought the Belkin Wireless G Desktop PCI Card. Have installed OK & shows up in DEVICE MANAGER as working OK. Using the Belkin software, I can see my network but i just can not connect. I have gone into router settings (via 191.168.0.1) & changed to WEP & generated a key. I have pasted this into wireless card software via editing MY CONNECTION . The channel is the same (6). Have closed down my firewall & Anti virus...still no joy

Have also tried to uninstall belkin software & connect manually via NETWORK CONNECTIONS in control panel...same result

Please help !!

Thanks
      Saint

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Adaptor woes !! help

Always start with wireless security disabled so that you can make sure that reception is reliable before applying encryption.

Probably better off using WPA -- though there really shouldn't be a problem with WEP if you simply copy the HEX code from the router to the Belkin adapter.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Adaptor woes !! help

After you've (a) deleted the Belkin WiFi software (but NOT drivers) so you just use the Windows software (b) turned off encryption - you should try changing the WiFi channel, you may have a conflict with another WiFi source locally. So try Ch1, 6 and 10. If any of those improve the situation try the Channels in between until you get the best reception for your location. Make sure the Router isn't next to a DECT cordless phone.