Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DG934G v2 wireless connectivity great then....

This is a discussion on DG934G v2 wireless connectivity great then.... within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I`ve had sky connect for about 2 weeks now (DG934G v2 router) , the wireless connection has been faultless until ...

tommysdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barrow in Furness
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

DG934G v2 wireless connectivity great then....

I`ve had sky connect for about 2 weeks now (DG934G v2 router) , the wireless connection has been faultless until a couple of days ago, now it disconnects every 5-10 mins .I`ve tried turning off UPNP and changing wireless channels,still poo.I`m not on the same channel as other networks in my area.I`m using a Zyxel usb adapter.This maybe the weak link but it`s worked fine until now,updated drivers etc.I`m really not impressed with Sky`s router,less than 20 ft away through 1 wall ,signal strength low.

And sky have cut off my Sky tv because they haven`t got my bank details (which I have given them 3 times in as many weeks!!!!), thats another thread though.

At the moment I feel like doin away with Sky TV & BB and goin to BT & vision

tommysdad

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: DG934G v2 wireless connectivity great then....

the wireless connection has been faultless until a couple of days ago
      I`m really not impressed with Sky`s router
      have you got any new electrical items in the house ?, you could also try moving the router away from any cordless phone base's (dect phones) and see if that helps

tommysdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barrow in Furness
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I don`t have any dect phones in the house, the setup and placement of equiptment is the same as with my previous isp.The wireless signal I get when using my Macbook has decreased significantly with SkyBB ,I get a better signal from nextdoors wireless network when scanning with Kismac. I don`t wardrive other peoples networks that`s illegal, I scan purely for diagnostic purposes,so as to see what channels hidden SSID`s are using

I`m going to buy a wireless network card for the downstairs (family pc) later this week ,see if that does the trick

tommysdad

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

is wireless adaptor pluged directly into usb or is on a length os usb extended cable

if its the latter then try moving adaptor to different positions preferably as high as you can get

wireless pci cards have a problem of the ariel being stuck behind the pc, aunless you can get an ariel extender cable for it

Gordon