Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Broadband Wireless Help

This is a discussion on Broadband Wireless Help within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I think their maybe something wrong with my laptop as none of the above seems to work. Thanks for your ...

GCham82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Broadband Wireless Help

I think their maybe something wrong with my laptop as none of the above seems to work. Thanks for your help though guys

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Just another thought. Check in the Wireless settings of the router that Wireless Access list is not blocking you. There is a small chance that your housemate has turned it on without realizing what it does. Your laptop seems to be OK it is the router that is refusing it access. You could try resetting the router to it's default settings. To do this, have it powered up and push a biro in the small hole at the rear for about 10 seconds or until the check light flashes. Remember this will return the security key to default, so you will have to change this back if you set your own.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

DellCA is offline DELL CA
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Isitme is on the right track here, I think. Another thing to check is whether the wireless card can see the wireless network when you have it display the list of networks within range. If it can not see any networks, it may be the radio is turned off (on some notebooks you can enabled it using Fn+F2, or check the Advanced tab in the Device Manager entry for the card and there will be an option to enable it) or there may be a problem with the card or antennae (not connected properly, or just failed).

If the card has failed, and the computer is still covered by warranty, then you can easily get a replacement shipped out to you by contacting Dell tech support (if you need the number just let me know and I'll find it for you).

Larry
      Dell Customer Advocate

slimeblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 1978
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Try to go to connection properties and remove your Connection NAME (sky####), then try to connect to you sky BB and it will ask you for password. Insert again you password and be sure you type it write. Sometimes the problem with this is when you put a wrong password, it will say connected but you cant browse the internet. I hope this will help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12