Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem getting sky sagem wireless router to work with new PC

This is a discussion on Problem getting sky sagem wireless router to work with new PC within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have recently acquired another desktop PC and when I tried to connect the sagem wireless router to it, it ...

neville.rutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01562
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problem getting sky sagem wireless router to work with new PC

I have recently acquired another desktop PC and when I tried to connect the sagem wireless router to it, it wouldn't connect to the internet. The router is showing all the correct lights to say it is connecting, but when I click on the Sky desktop icon it won't connect. The sky disc is no help as it won't load and when I enter the disc to try to do things manually it only wants to repair the drivers for the router and then says no modem identified. The nextwork port shows that it is working in the status section, but it isn't showing the sky server documentation in support and then Address type, it only shows manual and in the Network connection details it doesn't show DNS server or anything in WINs server. As a new user of Sky Broadband only having it setup on my other PC for a month I find the installation compared to most of my friends suppliers very complecated, this due to the disc not working. I also checked the network card in the new PC to see if it had any previous details stored in it before I attempted to install sky.
      Thanks for any help Nev

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Problem getting sky sagem wireless router to work with new PC

you dont need the disk to connect so its another setting on the PC somwhere giving issues...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Problem getting sky sagem wireless router to work with new PC

Remove the stuff you installed from the CD as you do not need it. All you need to do is either plug the cable from the router to your computer and/or set it up for wireless networking and it should work. Have you tried logging into the router to see if it is actually connecting OK ?