Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Intel 4965WLAN working with Netgear router?

This is a discussion on Intel 4965WLAN working with Netgear router? within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I've just ordered a Dell laptop and it has a Intel 4965WLAN wireless card in it. Was just making sure ...

matrixsc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGLNFI
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Intel 4965WLAN working with Netgear router?

I've just ordered a Dell laptop and it has a Intel 4965WLAN wireless card in it. Was just making sure that this will work ok with my sky router which is a Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless (i think)

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Intel 4965WLAN working with Netgear router?

Almost certainly will.

If you have the misfortune of having Vista, there may be issues with terminology used.

Normally WPA encryption will work as soon as you supply the passphrase printed on the router to the wireless interface in Vista.

If you have problems, connect to the router using the yellow ethernet cable (details of how to address the router user interface via your browser are in the Sky CD help files and in tutorials on this site). Disable wireless security in the router until you establish a reliable connection.

While in there, turn off UPnP which can cause problems due to a bug in Sky firmware.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fihart View Post
      Almost certainly will.

If you have the misfortune of having Vista, there may be issues with terminology used.

Normally WPA encryption will work as soon as you supply the passphrase printed on the router to the wireless interface in Vista.

If you have problems, connect to the router using the yellow ethernet cable (details of how to address the router user interface via your browser are in the Sky CD help files and in tutorials on this site). Disable wireless security in the router until you establish a reliable connection.

While in there, turn off UPnP which can cause problems due to a bug in Sky firmware.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have sky max set up on the computer upstairs via ethernet. But my wifes just bought a laptop and we're wainting for it to come anytime now.

So i was just checking that the wireless card would be ok. It has vista installed on it but i think i'll format it and put Xp pro on it not a fan of vista myself.

Thanks.

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Vista's hardware problems don't usually arise with laptops -- but performance can be disappointing.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fihart View Post
      Vista's hardware problems don't usually arise with laptops -- but performance can be disappointing.

Think i'll play safe with Xp
      I assume that LAn card will work ok under Xp?