Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Not Sure If Connected Wireless.

This is a discussion on Not Sure If Connected Wireless. within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I followed all the instuctions to connect and I am connected ...

aprncn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Not Sure If Connected Wireless.

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I followed all the instuctions to connect and I am connected but I did not have to put the code to connect or anything. I have win xp and the little monitor on the taskbar which is the wireless connection has a cross. I am connected but I do not know if wireless or ethernet.
      I read the instructions but I am not sure if any changes to try to connect wireless would disconnect me from internet.
      It is the first time I connect wireless and I am not sure what to do.
      If you could help I aprreciate this.

Thank You

Andrea

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Not Sure If Connected Wireless.

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem here.

If you haven't got an Ethernet cable between the PC and the Sky router, but you can still access this site, then you must be connected wirelessly.

If you have got an Ethernet cable between the PC and the Sky router, then try unplugging it and seeing if you can still access this site. If you can then you must be connected wirelessly. If you can't connect to this site with the Ethernet cable unplugged, then you must be connected through the Ethernet cable.