Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless Help!

This is a discussion on Wireless Help! within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Connected up to Sky broadband last week, for starters the set up disc wouldn't load, so i have set up ...

Tricky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01424
      Broadband ISP: Talktalk fast
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Wireless Help!

Connected up to Sky broadband last week, for starters the set up disc wouldn't load, so i have set up manually, email and net working OK, although trying to log on to my email initially was the biggest pain i have encountered in my Internet history,
      anyway the only thing i cannot get to run is my Edimax USB wireless dongle, it worked fine with my old orange livebox, but despite plying with the settings, it just keeps disconnecting from the router, Netgear DG934G can't seem to find a reason, it finds the router and registers 100% signal but just drops the connection again, any ideas??

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Help!

37 views and not one comment?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Lots of views but you've posted in the wrong forum - the Asking for Help forum is used to "Ask for help with routers and configuration utilities not supported by Sky" as stated under the title.

Can't help you with your dongle problem but it might be worth trying with encryption turned off first to see if that's the issue. As for the set up disk, don't bother. It's not needed unless you want to install McAfee and don't mind your browser messed around with.

Thread moved to the wireless forum.

Thanks

Had another play around with the router wireless settings and the only way i can get it to stay connected is to run it with no encryption, yet the same dongle settings worked fine with my old Orange Livebox?? any suggestions?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

May not be WPA compatible. Did you try turning the encryption on the router to WEP, generate a key, apply it, give it to the pc? Also try changing the router channel (same page as the network key) and apply it as you may have someone near you that is using the same channel.
      What happens if you try to connect on WPA? Does it accept the network key at all and are you making sure you only use capital letters and no numbers when inputting the WPA network key?