Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

two pc one connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on two pc one connection - Wireless within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Morning All., I have been reading about sky connection problems but I did not stumble upon something like this while ...

jaytheguru is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wink two pc one connection - Wireless

Morning All.,

I have been reading about sky connection problems but I did not stumble upon something like this while reading the threads:

My customer has two computers (Comp A - Laptop) (Comp B - PC). Both are on wireless connection using SKY broadband router (Netgear). Laptop has builtin wireless and pc is using TPLINK 54Mbps wireless key.

Now the problem he has explained is this:

When he connects to the internet usnig his wireless connection, his wife can't connect and when his wife connects to the internet he can't connect.

So, it seems to be that Sky box is accepting only one wireless connection at one time. This is very weird for me as I have never heard this type of thing before where wireless router only accepts one connection and not more than one. Mind you, the customer is totally novice and would not have changed any settings nor have touched the router ever since they had broadband.(they cant even think of entering MAC addresses in acl and keeping away other computers from connecting)

I have to visit their site today and I am not sure as to what I should do.
      Any ideas as to why it would be doing this and what I should do to rectify it.

2. Advertisement
      Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: two pc one connection - Wireless

I seem to remember having a similar problem, check the router, IIRC I had to set the range of IP addresses, as it tried to use the same one each time. I have the original Sky Router, it may be that other posters can suggest alternatives if you are talking about one of the later routers. Are they using McAfee? If so it might be worth checking the firewall rules in there.