Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless Problems

This is a discussion on Wireless Problems within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just tried to setup printer sharing again because it monged up when I put all the computers on wireless. Whilst ...

iKettles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wireless Problems

Just tried to setup printer sharing again because it monged up when I put all the computers on wireless. Whilst doing that I must have killed the wireless connection on the computer I was setting up printer sharing on. Now whenever I try to connect using netgear smart wizard (it's worked flawlessly for weeks) it tries to connect, disconnects then keeps on retrying. I've tried enabling WZC is msconfig but I can't seem to be able to start it.
      Any ideas?
      Edit: Got WZC working, says it's connected to the network but no internet. I really dunno what I've done but with the parents having a go at me for this I need it fixed. No system restore as for some reason it's disabled, I'm royally ****ed.
      Last edited by iKettles; 04-02-08 at 11:02 PM.

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless Problems

One step at a time. Scan for networks using the wireless adapter's utilities. If the Sky router is there note which channel and whether encryption is used.

Access the router using ethernet cable and disable wireless security. Now try to connect wirelessly. Then apply WPA and add the passphrase to your wireless adapter's utilities.

While you're at it look out for neighbouring wifi and consider moving channel.