Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems connecting to wirless

This is a discussion on Problems connecting to wirless within the Wireless / Adapters forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi i have to say i have been so happy with the sky services so far and i think that ...

asmorrey1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems connecting to wirless

Hi i have to say i have been so happy with the sky services so far and i think that the problem lies in something that i am just not doing right.

I have my wireless connection set up and am connected fine via my ps3. But the main problem is with my second computer. I am using a usb netgear wg111v2 adaptor (yes PCI may be better but i can't afford them). When i installed the windows vista drivers from the netgear site it just wasn't having any of it so i installed it using the windows vista itself and things seemed to go ok. Apart from now it is totally tempremental i have to cross my fingers and hope that it will work as 9 out of 10 times now i am connected but have limited internet access. So really just wondering what to do... do i need to change settings on my main computer that is directly connected to the sky router? Anyway sorry for the long rambling... any help would be much appreciated thanks

2. Advertisement
      andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NowTV 40/10 & VM 200 Gamer
      Router: Netgear R7000 with XWRT-Vortex
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Problems connecting to wirless

i had similar problems with my vista laptop, however, the laptop was unable to see the router at all. what i did to solve this was to change the channel of the router from 13 to 7.

i'm not to sure if that would help to much, as you say that your PS3 has no problems.

i also have set up static ip addresses for everything that connects to my router.

asmorrey1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok thanks, you know where i can go to find out how to change the channel or set up a static i.p address? Ha im posting this while using my own computer with the adaptor at the moment... might see how it goes don't wana do something and really muck it up!

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Static ip will need to be set on your device on the pc, channel is done via the router settings page at 192.168.0.1, user name admin, password sky. Click on setup in top left ish area of the page.